(416) 562-0411 email@example.com www.arlindo.ca
Accomplished Software Specialist, Self directed individual with over 15 years of experience with a DevOps mindset and understanding of operations and development helping to remove barriers and make improvements to the software development process through continuous deployment utilizing open source tools such as vagrant, terraform, ansible, docker and git (GitLab). Some of my projects can be found on my personal github account https://github.com/sarlindo.
Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible/Tower, Docker, Git, GitLab CI
IBM AIX, RedHat Linux, Windows, z/OS.
WebSphere Application Server, WebsphereMQ, Websphere Broker, Apache, IIS, CICS Transaction Gateway, JBoss, Camel, JBoss JON, WebMethods, Swift, Kofax Capture, OpenText Content Server.
Devops Engineer, TSX Technologies
Sept 2013 - Present
- Developing fully automated CI/CD pipelines as code for multiple projects using AWS, Docker, Ansible/Tower & GitLab.
- Support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines.
- Rewriting and porting old ASP applications over to AWS serverless (Lambda).
- Lift and Shift applications from on-premise over to AWS.
- Codifing environment provisioning using Vagrant, Terraform and Ansible for platforms such as big data Cloudera hadoop with Spark, Selenium, 3 tiered web apps both on-premise and AWS deployments.
- Developing scripts for deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Bash, Ansible and some Python.
- Socializing automation tools such as GitLab CI and Ansible amongst various different technical teams.
- Design and build of middleware platforms utilizing open source software such as Jboss, Fuse/Camel and JBoss JON running on Redhat Linux.
- Automating JEE deployments for continuous deployments, both into JBoss, Webmethods and WebSphere.
- Upgrading of WebSphere 6.1 to 8.5 utilizing centralized automation for building out new environments in minutes.
Team Lead, Middleware Services
July 2011 – Sept 2013
- Lead a team of 5, prioritize work, distribute tasks accordingly amongst team members, operate a Kanban board and help facilitate daily stand ups.
- Day to Day Support and Administration of Websphere MQ & Broker, Websphere Application Server/TomCat, Apache/IHS, CICS Transaction Gateway, OpenText Content Server,Kofax Capture,Hudson Build Tool
- Assess business requirements to understand issues and provide effective solutions in relation to the many products and systems being managed.
- Understanding overall integrated solution to identify how changes to one component can impact the other in relation to the many products and systems being managed.
- Provide technical guidance and identify areas for improvements.
- Automation of repetitive tasks such as deployment of J2EE applications and bar files.
Middleware Specialist, Middleware Services
January 2006 – June 2011
- Administering and supporting WebSphere products, configuring resources like JDBC, Resource adapters, Queues, Processes, Channels, Queue Managers, Brokers, WebServers, security, SPENGO with Active Directory Integration etc…
- Implement session management and caching, creating Jython scripts to automate tasks such as deployment of J2EE applications and bar files.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing logs.
- Creating technical documentation.
- Tuning and Debugging application problems.
- Provide administration and maintenance support for the Kofax setup on development, test and production environments.
Application/Integration Developer, Application Development
January 1999 – January 2006
- Designing, developing and implementing interfaces/applications to and from z/OS, AIX, Windows and Lotus Notes systems.
- Implemented the Kofax Capture System that is used to capture all the claim information and designed many of the customizations required without the need for external consultants, thus saving the company over $250,000 in consulting fees.
- Designed and developed many secure EFT (Electronic File Transfer) interfaces between WSIB and many external parties utilizing PGP, SFTP and Entrust.
- Designed and developed integration between an Employer Summary Distributed J2EE web application and CICS/Legacy applications utilizing Java, External Call Interface and External Presentation Interface.
- Successfully took a potential 6 month manual intensive task of setting up new legacy batch environments including JCL jobs,VSAM files and GDG’s and was able to design, develop and automate the environment setup utilizing Rexx, IPSF Macros thus shorting new environment setups to hours as oppose to months.
- Architected a complete rewrite of an existing Application (from DOS to VB 6.0) that was used for modeling employer insurance rates that was also able to submit batch JCL jobs into JES on the mainframe utilizing NDM.
- Analyzed and converted many Cobol Programs to ensure Y2K compliance.
Application/Integration Developer, Contract
January 1998 – June 1998
- Design and develop a system to automatically generate and print contract letters through integration with Legacy CICS application utilizing C, HLLAPI and VB.
- Writing detailed technical and user documentation.
- Successfully delivered the system on-time to automatically generate and print contract letters.
Education, Applicable Certifications
CPA, Computer Programming & Analysis, Information Technology. (1995-1998)
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto Ontario
AWS Associate Solution Architect. (2017), Content Server Administration & Workflow Design. (2012), Kofax Capture. (2008), Websphere Application Server 6.0 Administration. (2008), MQSeries Administration & Programming. (2005)